Sample what you need to prepare before going to your interview :
1. Bring with you, your "Interview Notice" and Government issued photo identification.
2. A completed medical Examination ( Form I-693 ) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope ( unless already submitted ) .
3. A completed Affidavit of Support ( Form I-864 ) will all the evidence
( unless submitted ).
A.) Federal Tax returns & W-2 most recent tax year
B.) Letter from the current employer, verifying current rate of pay &
Weekly hours, & pay stubs for the past 2 months.
4. Evidence of your sponsor’s United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent status.
5. All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status.
6. Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you, including any Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and any Authorization for Advance Parole
( Form I-512 ).
7. All travel documents used to enter the United States, including passport, Advance Parole documents ( I-512) and I-94 ( Arrival/ Departure Document)
8. Your Birth Certificate & Petitioner’s Birth Certificate & your Petitioner’s evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status.
9.If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each children
10.if your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming to the interview with you, bring :
A.) A certified copy of your Marriage Document issued by the appropriate civil authority.
B.) Your spouse’s Birth Certificate and your spouse’s evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status
C.) If either you or your spouse were ever married before, all divorce decrees/death certificate for each marriage/former spouse
D.) Birth Certificate for all children of this marriage, and custody papers for your children and for your children and for your spouse’s
Children not living with you.
11. Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copies of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents ( car, life, health ), property documents ( car, house, etc.) rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.
12. Original and copy of each supporting documents that you submitted with your application. Otherwise we may keep your originals for our records.
13. If you have ever been arrested, bring the related Police Report and the original or certified Final Court Disposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, bring a letter from the court with jurisdiction indicating this.
14. A certified English translation for each foreign language document. The translator must certify that s/he is fluent in both languages, and that the translation in its entirely is complete and accurate.